You deserve happiness . . . good for YOU!
You were a little bit nervous to make the social media post about your engagement, but several of your friends encouraged you to so so, and pointed out that this would be the best way to share the good news to everyone at once.
After a long five years of asking for divorce advice, attorney recommendations, and, at the very beginning, even names of marriage counselors, your first marriage ended in divorce. At the time you were shocked to know that your first wife had been having an affair, but now that you look back you realize that there were plenty of signs that you had ignored.
The fact that you now have some good news to share with your friends, your family, and your coworkers is a really good feeling. During the process of ending your first marriage you sometimes felt as if you were a burden to your friends. In fact, you feared that you might end up with no friends at all when everything was finalized. You knew that your questions about divorce lawyers and divorce advice became annoying to a few in your circle, but it really was one of the most difficult times in your life.
Although it took some energy and courage, you really do feel like it was the right thing to do to make the post and let your friends know that your life had taken another turn. A turn that this time was headed in the right direction.
Family Divorce Lawyers and Child Custody Attorneys Can Help You Through Some of the Most Difficult Times in Your Life
Whether you are a couple with no children who have been married for just five years or you are a husband and wife with grown children who have been out of the house for 15 years, divorce is never easy. And when you are the parents of children who will become a part of a custody hearing the need for divorce advice can be even more critical.
The divorce advice from family, friends, and coworkers can help you out in some ways, but the reality is that in most family law situations the assistance of a legal attorney is often necessary. Understanding the process of delivering and receiving the divorce papers, the waiting times that can vary from state to state, and the need to make sure that you keep your children’s best interests in mind can be a complicated set of issues to navigate if you do not have a reliable source for getting divorce advice.
Consider some of these facts and figures about divorce in America:
- Marriages are more likely to last longer if they have the following indicators: people who marry at an older age, people who have a higher education, and people who earn more money.
- 30.5 is the mean age for males seeking a divorce for the first time.
- 29 is the mean age for females seeking a divorce for the first time.
- 1 million people in America have parents who separate or divorce every year.
- 41% is the divorce rate for a first marriage in America.
- 60% is the divorce rate for a second marriage in America.
- 70% is the divorce rate for a third marriage in America.
- A marriage is 75% more likely to end in divorce, according to U.S. statistics, if one partner smokes.
- Salespeople, podiatrists, optometrists, agricultural engineers, and nuclear engineers are more likely to divorce than people in other professions.
- 8 years is the average length of a first marriage that ends in divorce.
- Divorce rates among couples over the age of 50 have doubled in the last 20 years, according to a Bowling Green State University study.
- 1 year is the average length of divorce proceedings in the U.S.
- Although reason can vary greatly, the most common reasons for people getting a divorce in America are communication problems, infidelity or betrayal, financial problems, abuse, and loss of interest.
No one goes into a marriage thinking that it will fail, but the unfortunate fact is that many marriages simply do not last. If you find yourself in a situation where your marriage is ending, you are almost always better off getting the advice and the help that you need sooner rather than later
Trackback from your site.