It has been a rough few days.
After more than two weeks you are still having the nerve pain and tingling in your arm, and you have more recently noticed that you have a difficult time gripping things with your left hand, so you have made a follow-up appointment with your doctor.
Yesterday at the appointment, the doctor informed you that you have severe spinal stenosis in your cervical vertebrae in my neck. The doctor went on to explain this as the narrowing of the area around the spinal cord and nerves that run down a person’s neck and spine. The physician said that she suspects the nerve pain and tingling you have been experiencing is related to this condition.
The next step is to have an EMG, also called a nerve study, done to determine where the pinch in the nerve is happening. When they prepare to do the EMG, they will stick a bunch of needles into your hand and arm, and will shot electrical pulses through those needles to determine which nerves are affected. Once they figure out where the pinch is and what nerves are affected, the doctor said then they can determine the next steps. The most likely route at this point would be occupational therapy and meeting with an orthopedic specialist to determine what can be done.
The end story is that you are exhausted! You have been having a hard time sleeping at night and life is a little hectic right now as you are getting ready for parent teacher conferences for your classroom. And while the doctor thinks that this may be a condition that was unavoidable, you are certain that you can trace the pain you are experiencing back to the day when you were rear ended while driving your younger daughter to preschool.
Personal Injury Claims and Criminal Defense Lawyers Require Different Kinds of Strategies
Whether you are a driver in need of a criminal defense lawyer or you are someone who is looking for a personal injury lawyer, your needs are very different. As the driver you are looking for an attorney who can help you connect with the resources that you need for both current medical expenses and future physical and occupational therapy costs. As the driver, you are looking for a criminal defense lawyer who can help you mount the best defense for yourself so that you can find a way to go on with your life.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when seeking legal advice in is your best interest:
- The Fourth of July is the worst day of the year for fatal car crashes, according to Esurance and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. In fact, 40% of all highway deaths between the years 2007 and 2011 were caused by drunk driving over Independence weekend.
- Although numbers can vary from one state to the next, Texas led the nation in traffic fatalities in 2016 with 3,776. Nearly 25% of these deaths involved a driver with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .15% or greater, which is almost twice the legal limit.
- Again, penalties may vary in other states, but a third DWI in Texas is a third-degree felony and carries a range of punishment of two to ten years in state prison.
- The Eighth Amendment provides criminal defendants with the right to a reasonable bail and the right to not be subjected to punishment that is cruel and unusual.
- Nearly as fast as the average for all occupations, employment of lawyers is projected to grow 6% from 2014 to 2024.
- Drugs other than alcohol are involved in approximately 18% of motor vehicle deaths. As a result, there are 1,315,561 lawyers in the U.S., many of whom offer their services to victims and the accused.
Whether you are looking for a way to make sure that you are getting back to full time work after a pinched nerve from a car accident or you are searching for someone to represent you in a driving under the influence case, it is important to find a pweronsla injury attorney or a criminal defense lawyer who is experienced in the kind of help needed.
Trackback from your site.