You can call it an interruption.
You can call it a disaster.
You can call it a life changer.
You can call it a wake up call.
Whatever you decide to call it, though, the fact that your adult son called you asking for advice about finding a DUI attorney certainly stopped you in your tracks.
After years of telling all three of your children that they could call you anytime day or night for a safe ride home, you simply never expected to get a phone call asking for the names of the best DUI lawyers in town. Once you finally caught your breath and found out that your son was safe and unharmed, you were finally able to think clearly enough and explain that you would need a few minutes, maybe an hour, but you would talk to some friends and see if they had any DUI lawyers that they could recommend.
Typically, DUI law firms get their clients in one of two ways: cold calls from clients who simply found a number on a website and recommendations from previous clients. If you find yourself dealing with a difficult phone call where you have a son, daughter, spouse, or parent asking for the names of DUI lawyers you can first be thankful about the fact that your loved one is alive, and well, and talking on the phone. After that, however, you may find yourself wanting to get down to the serious business of finding a qualified attorney.
- How often does a DUI driver get in an accident? Probably more often than you think. In fact, statistics show that very two minutes, a person is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- One very alarming statistic is that every single day people drive drunk almost 300,000 times, while fewer than 4,000 are arrested.
- Without an attorney, you may be more at risk for being found guilty of a DUI offense. Frighteningly, a DUI conviction can cost as much as $20,000.
- There are 1,315,561 lawyers in the U.S. Finding the one that is a good fit for you and your case may be able to help you reach the best results.
- On average a drunk driver has driven drunk 80 times before the first arrest.
- Helping your children is sometimes a lifelong job. When they request help for a serious situation like a DUI charge, however, you might be of the most assistance by providing names of potential DUI lawyers.
- Estimates from 2014 show that 32,675 people died in motor vehicle crashes that year. This percentage was down 0.7% from 32,894 in 2013, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Lawyers may be able to provide help to the families of the close to 90 people who die each day in motor vehicle crashes, and the 6,400 people who are injured. Although these statistics are from 2014, they are still fairly representative of the current numbers.
- People drive distracted all of the time. In fact, the statistics indicate that at any given daylight moment across America, nearly 660,000 drivers are using cell phones or manipulating electronic devices while driving.
Trackback from your site.