If you spend much time watching the news you might think that there is no place that is really safe. From the accidents that happen because of drivers who are distracted because of technology to abuse that goes on behind closed doors in families from every income bracket to the theft and assaults that happen in an increasing number of areas in the country, the world can be a scary and dangerous place. Fortunately, the reality is not always as bad as how the media may portray the world where we live. When, however, you are the victim in a difficult situation it is reassuring to know that there are ways to get the help that you need.
With the help of an auto accident attorney, for instance, you can get the help that you need to get back to work and living your normal life. With the help of a team of divorce lawyers you can find a way out of that abusive relationship. And with the help of an attorney who specializes in elder abuse you can make sure that your loved ones and others are no longer victimized by thieves and scam artists. Knowing who to call when you are facing your own scary situation, however, is an important part of finding the results, and the relief, that you want.
Different Lawyers Focus on Different Kinds of Cases
Just as you would not expect your family physician to be able to handle the surgery when your son breaks his foot at a high school baseball game, it is unfair to assume that one lawyer can solve all of the difficult situations that you might find yourself in. And just as you would not expect a family dentist to be able to care for a recent change in your vision, it is important to realize that a divorce attorney would be able to handle the same kind of cases that an auto accident attorney takes. Many careers are specialized, and the law is no exception. Different attorneys and their firms specialize in certain kinds of cases and it will always be important to seek the advice of those who are the most qualified to represent your interests. An auto accident attorney, for instance, will likely have more experience in meeting your personal needs after you have been a victim of someone else’s reckless doing than an attorney.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when people may find themselves looking for legal advice and the kind of attorney that could be the most beneficial:
- A workers compensation claim for a snow- or ice-related injury amounts to an average of $48,000, according to a recent study, but you may need to work with a personal injury attorney ti get the best results.
- The American Immigration Council reports that nearly 10% of the people living in Indiana are either immigrants or the children of immigrants, so this is a state that could likely benefit from attorneys who specialize in immigration law.
- The cost of a divorce in the U.S. varies from $15,000 to about $42,500, and part of the price difference can be in the kinds of experienced service that you get from the most popular attorneys.
- Given that there is one divorce in American approximately every 36 seconds, it should come as no surprise that there are many legal advisers who specialize in these cases. This is a statistic that represents nearly 2,400 divorces a day, 16,800 divorces a week, and 876,000 divorces a year.
- Distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding are the three most common causes of car accidents in the U.S. All of these are situations when working with an experienced auto accident attorney may help you best understand all of your available options.
- Motorcyclist deaths occurred 28 times more frequently than fatalities in other vehicles, according to 2016 fatal crash data, and these kinds of accident victims often benefit from attorneys who specialize in these specific kinds of cases.
- 96% of personal injury cases are settled pre-trial, so finding the right attorney for your particular kind of case can not only help you get the resources you need, but also may help you stay out of the courtroom all together and reach an earlier and easier verdict.